Terms & Conditions
2. Descriptions, prices and product information - All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
3. Availability - If for any other reason beyond our reasonable control we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item.
4. Payment and acceptance - Your order is an offer to buy from us. We offer you either a 7 or 14 day cooling off period, dependent on whether the contract is for product(s) or a service.
For product(s) (an order for specific bathroom or kitchen items, excluding tailored/individualised items) purchased at a distance, the 14-day period starts from the date you take ownership of the goods. You can cancel the product(s) at any time from the moment you place your order and up to 14 days from the date they arrived. †
For services (an order that involves a Design or Installation service), the 7-day period starts the day after you entered into the sales contract for the service. †
† Please read 9. Cancellation & refund policy, for full details and criteria
5. Sales Contract for Service (for Design and/or Installation service based orders) - After we have finalised your bathroom or kitchen design, we will issue you with a final sales contract. We kindly ask you to review your Sales Contract detail and advise us within 14 days of any errors or amendments required. Beyond this time, charges and delays could apply.
6. Delivery - Our delivery courier will make deliveries to you. We do our best to secure delivery on the date requested or specified when your order is placed or within 7 days of the start date of your Installation order. If this is not possible, we shall advise you directly.
7. Damaged or Missing Products - Whilst we always endeavour to ensure all products are delivered in full and without damage, and also in some situations we will assist with deliveries in person, very occasionally damaged or missing product issues can occur. However, it is the responsibility of the customer to fully check the full delivery for damage or missing products and report any issues to The Essex Room Project Ltd. This must be completed within 48 hours of your delivery. Beyond this time, charges will apply for any replacement products.
8. Installation - Once you have ordered an installation service the installer will contact you to arrange a convenient time to attend your home to carry out a survey, following which the installer shall agree a date with you on which the installation will start. If the installation you require is not a standard installation (for example, it includes moving services, connection services or building works) this may incur further charges and you may be asked to enter into a further agreement with the installer for these works. Throughout the installation you are responsible for giving the installer reasonable access to your property in order that installation works can be completed.
If you are not in on the agreed start date of installation or the property is not in a condition ready for installation to proceed then we reserve the right to charge you a delay charge.
We will do our best to procure that installations are started on the date agreed. However, the start date and completion dates that we give you are guides. Whilst we make every effort to install the products within that time, we shall not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control. We shall contact you to let you know if we are having any problems installing the products within the stated time.
We will do our best to ensure that the installer; performs the services with due care and skill; observes all health and safety rules
Removal and disposal excludes refrigeration appliances.
The Essex Room Project Ltd. reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
9. Cancellation and refund policy -
What You Need To Do:
Step 1) Identify if you have a 'Product' or a 'Service', this will determine your cancellation and refund timeframe- see below;
For product(s) (an order for specific bathroom or kitchen items, excluding tailored/individualised items) purchased at a distance, the 14-day period starts from the date you take ownership of the goods. You can cancel the product(s) at any time from the moment you place your order and up to 14 days from the date they arrived.
For services (an order that involves a Design or Installation service), the 7-day period starts the day after you entered into the sales contract for the service.
After the period mentioned above, any deposits or full balances paid for products / services will be non-refundable.
Please note: Tailored or individualised items are non refundable as soon as they have been purchased.
Step 2) BEFORE sending back products, please advise the details of your cancellation request via the following;
- Telephone on 0330 221 1119
- Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post a letter in writing to The Essex Room Project Ltd. c/o Brentwood Kitchens, Unit 10, Childerditch Ind. Estate, Childerditch Hall Drive, Little Warley, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3HD.
Step 3) Items should be returned to following address;
The Essex Room Project Ltd. c/o Brentwood Kitchens, Unit 10, Childerditch Ind. Estate, Childerditch Hall Drive, Little Warley, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3HD. †
† Refunds will only be returned once we have fully received and inspected the returning product(s). Products must be returned in the same condition they arrived, we reserve our rights to refuse 100% of the refund, should any part of the the goods be returned as damaged, missing parts or have been tampered with in any way. The customer is fully responsible for all associated delivery costs for the return of product(s).
If you are entitled to a refund, we will make a refund to the account originally charged for the purchase of the product or services. Refunds will be made at the earliest opportunity and will be dependent on transactional times associated with the original payment method.
10. Faulty Products (appliances) - If, after a product has been fitted, you find a fault, we reserve the right to request the manufacturer or a registered engineer to contact you or make a house visit to confirm the fault. Manufacturer's may require you to register the appliance guarantee with them, in this case you should contact the manufacturer at the earliest opportunity should you have issue with an appliance supplied by us.
11. Payments - You can pay by Cash, BACS transfer or Paypal. (We are currently working on options to pay by Mastercard or Visa credit card, Maestro, Solo or Delta debit card, we will advise when this becomes available).
Authority for payment must be given at the time of order. If there is a problem taking payment for all or part of your order we will contact you by email (or by telephone if you have not given us an email address).
Online Orders and Supply only orders; 100% payment will be required when you place your order.
Supply & installation orders; a deposit scheme can be arranged, please discuss with us. If agreed, there would be a minimum deposit of 50% required upon place of order.
12. Our responsibility to you - If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any direct losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you make the relevant order. Our products are for personal use only and our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
Our liability to you in connection with any purchase order will not exceed the total price charged for the products. Our liability to you in connection with an installation order shall not (subject to the remainder of this section 10) exceed £2,000,000 (two million).
Terms and conditions
Your products have been designed and manufactured to high standards and all come with a reassuring manufacturers guarantee. Guarantees apply to manufacturing defects and do not apply to accidental damage, wear and tear or any item or component rendered defective by unsatisfactory planning, faulty installation, improper or negligent use or damage resulting from failure to maintain the product in accordance with the customer care instructions. Guarantees do not cover any product that has been modified or altered in any way.
Guarantees do not cover any product that is installed with a fault that would have been clearly evident before installation. In the interest
of continuing design development and product improvement, we reserve the right to amend or adjust specifications at any time. Where an identical product is no longer available we will supply the nearest equivalent from our current range. Guarantees are for the original purchaser of the product, they may not be transferred to a subsequent purchaser of the premises in which the product is initially installed.
THESE GUARANTEES DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
Guarantees will vary for each manufacturer.
Products found inside the Bathroom To Love brochure, (this information also found on last page of brochure) as below:
Furniture - 5 Year Guarantee
Ceramics - Lifetime Guarantee
Worktops - 5 Year Guarantee
Acrylic Baths - 20 Year Guarantee
Steel Baths - 3 Year Guarantee
Easy Access Baths - 5 Year Guarantee
Whirlpool Systems - 2 Year Guarantee
Supercast Baths - 30 Year Guarantee
Bath Panels - 2 Year Guarantee
Shower Enclosures (excluded ABS, rubber and plastic parts)
- RefleXion - Lifetime Guarantee
- RefleXion Black - 5 Year Guarantee
- Merlyn - 20 Year Guarantee
Bath Screens - 5 Year to 20 Year Guarantee
Shower Trays - 10 Year to Lifetime Guarantee
Showers - Various (Please refer to pages 196-229 of Bathroom To Love brochure)
Taps (valves) - 3 Year Guarantee
Taps (body and finish) - 10 Year Guarantee
Taps (serviceable parts) - 1 Year Guarantee
Radiators - Various (Please refer to pages 262-267 of Bathroom To Love brochure)
Undertile Heating - Lifetime Guarantee
Thermostats - 3 Year Guarantee
Toilet Seats and Hinges - 2 Year Guarantee
Wall Hung Frames - 10 Year Guarantee
Accessories - 10 Year Guarantee
Kitchen cabinets - 6 Year Guarantee (except Thornbury & Hadley, 1 Year Guarantee)
kitchen doors - 6 Year Guarantee
Kitchen hinges & runners - 5 Year Guarantee
All internal pull outs, pull & swing, LeMans, Lake Corners and/or internal fixtures - 2 Year Guarantee
This will vary and is covered by the standard manufacturers guarantee - it is the customers responsibility to ensure appliances are registered online with the manufacturer
Laminate worktops come with a 12 month guarantee, Silestone & Dekton come with a 25 year guarantee.
All installation work is guaranteed for 12 months against defective workmanship
These Product and Installation Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
14. Offers & Promotions - The Essex Room Project Ltd. reserves the right to remove any offer or promotion at any time without notice.
15. Price Match Guarantee - The Essex Room Project Ltd. will price match Bathroom & Kitchen Full Room Design Services, furniture only.
This will be on a like-for-like basis. All products contained within design must be exactly the same, they must be in stock and available to order, must be available for UK mainland delivery, all products must be brand new items, must be a genuine and truthful price, must be a correct price without error, offer is against 100% of UK shop retailers, we reserve the right to exclude offer against some UK websites. (Websites outside the UK are fully excluded)
The price match applies, subject to availability and only applies whilst stocks last.
The price match only applies to orders placed by customers and is intended for personal use only.
The price match excludes appliances, sinks, taps, worktops, flooring, tiling, or other items outside of bathroom and kitchen main furniture.
However, in the vast majority of situations, we will also be able to price match all other items, like-for-like basis.
16. Customer Services : if you have any queries, please contact us on
The Essex Room Project Ltd. c/o Unit 10, Childerditch Ind. Estate, Childerditch Hall Drive, Little Warley, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3HD
Company Registration No. 11296057 VAT No. 331 2034 61
Care of Timber, Doors & Wood worktops:
Wood is a beautiful natural product and the different grains and textures in the wood often means there are a variety of tonal differences in the doors and drawer fronts. Prior to fitting, lay out the door and drawer fronts and adjust the positions to get the best overall balance.
Exposure to daylight will change the appearance of the natural wood fascias. Each type of timber reacts differently and at a different rate, becoming darker, richer and with more contrast. Exposure to direct sunlight will bleach wooden furniture. Bleaching of colours can affect your furniture within two months and will be different on each of the door and drawer front component depending upon its position relative to the windows
Installation in recently plastered properties can see the moisture drawn into the timber causing a slight swelling, which will reduce when the relative humidity returns to normal. The degree of reaction is dependent on the timber type.
Vinyl doors / laminate worktop joints - Vinyl wrapped MDF doors and laminate worktop joints can be affected by heat and water. Care should be taken to ensure the edges of doors are not exposed to prolonged or excessive heat from small domestic appliances (kettle, toaster, etc) and integrated extractor doors are opened with the extractor in operation when a hob is in use. Care should be taken to ensure the edges of doors are not doused in water. Care should be taken to ensure that laminate worktop joints are not exposed to water or heat and any water spillage is cleaned immediately.
Exposure to direct sunlight will eventually bleach the colours slightly and will be different on each of the door and drawer front component depending upon their position relative to the windows.